At this workshop we want to bring together a community of iinter-disciplinary researchers and practitioners to develop a series of compelling scenarios of financial technology use (or non-use) that highlight opportunities and urgent challenges for design led research, within, and beyond, the DIS community.
Our workshop will be held remotely, and will be split over two days. Day 1 will focus on talks and panel discussions, while Day 2 will feature a design sprint, leading to a public show case. While we would invite participants to join us for both days, we will be organising the workshop to allow people to drop in and out as time-zones and the challenges of working at home intervene. A draft agenda of our planned activities is outlined below, all times are British Summer Time (BST).
Day 1 (7th July): Panels and Discussion
Day 1 will be an opportunity to introduce ourselves, and present and discuss papers in panels related to the four themes of the workshop.
- 13.00 Introductions
- 13.30 Panel 1 – Designing Social Currencies and Special Monies
- 14.15 – Break (15 minutes)
- 14.30 – Panel 2 – Designing Experiences and Regulations in FinTech
- 15.15 – Break (15 minutes)
- 15.30 – Panel 3 – Designing for a World Without Cash
- 16.15 – Break (30 minutes)
- 16.45 – Intro to Pastiche Scenarios
- 17.00 – Creating Design Teams
- 17.30 – Wrap Up / Day 1 Close
Day 2 (8th July): Design Sprint, Pastiche Scenarios & Public Showcase
Day 2 will be based around working in small teams remotely to produce pastiche scenarios of financial technology use (or non-use), with supporting materials and intermittent check-ins to share progress and feedback. Finally, we will come together and share our work in a public Show & Tell.
- 11.00 – 11.30 – Welcome Back, Set Up & Brief
- 13.30 – 14.00 – Check-in & Shared Feedback (#1)
- 15.30 – 16.00 – Check-in & Shared Feedback (#2)
- 17.30 -18.30 – Public Show & Tell